Tuesday, March 4, 2008

LG Bluetooth Headset HBM-730

Why I purchased it: This headset was given to me as a Christmas gift. Had I made the purchase myself I would have gotten the one made by Plantronics that BlackBerry recommends.

First impressions: It isn't Plantronics which I have always heard is the best. I was however pleased to see that the LG HBM-730 is an in-ear headset and not an on-ear headset.

Build Quality: The LG HBM-730 is a very solid and light weight item. I am quite please with it. The power connector however is horrible. It is extremely hard to get the cable and the connector aligned properly and attempting to do so in the dark is a complete waste of time. The buttons are very easy to find while the unit is attached to your ear and are very easy to press. Because I don't like to wear my headset when I go into stores I often put it in my pocket. Because of this I sometimes find that the Talk/End button has been pressed turning on the Voice Dialing feature of my BlackBerry 8830 which could result in accidental phone calls (this has yet to happen).

Features: Using this headset is very simple. There isn't really anything to go wrong. You have Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and a Talk/End button. You hold down the Talk/End button for a few seconds to turn it on or off, or press it quickly to answer a call, disconnect a call, or turn on and off Voice Dialing.

Accessories: The headset came with a lanyard but I never even pulled it out of the bag. Who wants to have a headset hanging around their neck? It also came with the charger mentioned earlier.

Final Words: LG won me over despite my initial worries. Other than the annoying power connector this is a fantastic headset!

No comments: